Tuesday 1 May 2012

Now I Know My ABCs

The illustrious, bountiful month of April has finally reached it's end.  Such a wonderful time of the year where darling lambs lollop awkwardly and adorably around their paddocks, trees coat the usually drab concrete with vivid blossom, the sun lazes on the horizon for hours on end casting dramatic purples and oranges across the sky, and bank holidays suddenly pop into existence.  It's a glorious time to be outdoors.

Unfortunately, it has rained constantly like a bitch for the last three weeks.  On the plus side though, it's meant that I can focus my attention on the A-Z challenge.

When I join the army, this will be my first medal

For those of you who stumbled upon Muppets For Justice during the A-Z challenge, I welcome you and hope that you're intrigued enough to stick with me.  Some people have described me as a madman, some people have described my posting as a stream of conciousness, and some others have dared to laugh at my very serious and very sincere posts.  As the challenge has bought a large influx of new members, I haven't had chance to welcome some of you, and I hope that you enjoy what you see here.  Posting will now return to a regular schedule of Monday and Friday.

If you're an old member, you may be glad to know that my name isn't going to pop up on your blog roll on a daily basis.  Thanks for stopping by regularly during the challenge to offer comments and support, even if my overwhelming amount of posts have annoyed you.  I appreciate it.

So, what has the A-Z Challenge taught us?  Well, I can now update my CV saying that I have fully conquered the alphabet, which is always handy for a job on Sesame Street.  I've also learned that I am in thrall to some very talented people on this here Blogger website.  Some of what people have posted over the last month has left me in awe in terms of topic and content that has been thought up in such a short space of time.  Considering how long it took me to conjure up 500 words for most letters, I'm envious at the way in which certain Bloggers managed to pull something out of their arse, slap it on the net, and have me clapping like a lobotomised seal at them.  I would like to honour those people by linking to my favourite A-Z posts I've read.  Please accept this humble award that I knocked up in like 5 seconds in Paint:


Awarded to:

Chiz-Chat for his Ransom Note post: Chiz included an insane narrative in which he ended up being kidnapped, and ran for several posts.  This was my favourite.

A Daft Scots Lass for Cock-A-Doodle Do Me:  A Daft Scots Lass came up with a great concept for the challenge; mottos vs insults.  Some of the insults are pretty funny, but I do like "cocksmoker" especially.

Elton Says Things for High Impact Jousting:  Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the saddle...

Hill Blocks View for Carny Matchmaking:  It's difficult to choose a favourite A-Z post from Flip, but I think this one just clinches it.

Seriously-WTH? for Kiss This:  For teaching me how to love paper-thin asians.

The Incoherent Ramblings Of A Moose for Orphelia:  A wonderful tale of meeting a son's friend-who's-a-girl-but-not-a-girlfriend.  The dialogue is fantastic.

Satirical Blog for Peace:  Just utterly clever in every sense.

I'm sure there's more that I've missed, but rest assured that I've enjoyed all of your efforts over the last month.  The challenge probably would have been hell without so many of your creating awesome content, and stopping by to leave just as awesome comments on here.  It's been a blast.

22 comments:

  1. Awesome! I appreciate the award! Congrats on finishing the challenge! I am going to write a reflection on the challenge either today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Looking forward to the reflections post. I'd like to see how my experiences differed from other people.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so very much for the awesome shout out and recognising my Awesome Awesomeness. I strive to become top of your Sexy People's list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. And thanks for reminding me that I need to update my Sexy People list. I need a secretary...

      Delete
  3. THANK YOU! What better end to the challenge, than a personalized award. I absolutely love it!
    Thanks Addman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Oh and thank orphelia for making me laugh so hard.

      Delete
  4. Wow cheers for the mention and the award :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comics are both funny and insightful. Keep it up!

      Delete
  5. Really though, thanks should go to you. Awesome blog. I hope the popularity you've got from the A-Z goes to your head and you start writing more because it's jolly funny (as us Brits would say).

    ... but not too much more else you'll have a horrific celebrity downfall which will be well-publicised in the Daily Mail. It was bad enough seeing the Cookie Monster in rehab on Family Guy without the men in white coats taking away Addman.

    Blogroll update coming tomorrow and you're on it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks very much. I would love to have the whole rock and roll celebrity breakdown thing, but I am a bit too busy for that right now. My cheese collection won't catalogue itself you know.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations to you for finishing. I really liked what people did, and you especially. Now I challenge you to do the Greek alphabet. Or maybe the 30 some odd drinks challenge where you get hammered every time you write a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And who says I'm not hammered when I post normally? Honestly though, if I did post while drunk, every post would about kebabs.

      Delete
  7. I think you should just continue with your daily posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's just greedy. I'll take it as a compliment, but let's just say that over indulgence can be bad for you ;)

      Delete
  8. I already used my good thank you on somebody else's post, so you'll have to do with this. Dear strange person lying next to me in bed, I'm sure we had fun last night, but I have to go to work now. Please don't steal my dog when you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. But I want to keep it as a memento.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may be a writer, but one thing I can't do is survive the alphabet. Seriously. I don't know how you managed it, but awesome job. Now do it again, but this time in Spanish. Sesame Street IS getting multicultural now, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know much spanish. Can I use 'buenos noches' for every letter?

      Delete
  11. Me? Awarded? I just did what any good cop would do. I rescued the child from the arms of a mad man. Is that award worthy? I can't think of--sorry, sorry...I totally nicked that from a B-movie. I have to keen, understated remarks to make for acceptance. Well, other than that, this accolade will be cherished and displayed with utmost humility and will be duly listed, among my many accomplishments and forced to be memorized by school children, when I become supreme ruler of all creation. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have it as your national flag. Now that would be awesome.

      Delete
  12. Just stumbling in...as a huge Muppet fan, how could I not?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulation on finishing the challenge. During the challenge I didn't visit as many blogs as I would like to but, cross my heart, I'm visiting every single one with the reflection post (and I'm almost done)! I am so glad my journey brought me here.

    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a nice comment or die trying.